Thursday, October 11, 2007

ZERO WASTE ADVISOR

That's me! Rusty. In May I got a fulltime job at Timaru District Council. Unfortunately, it is a 35 minute drive (45 km) from Waimate but I have got a car pool each way, so philosphically I can cope (just!) with the mileage..........anyway, the job is my dream job....it was made for me! My job is varied , interesting, exciting, and gives me a real buzz- especially when I set up a waste exchange. That is finding something 1 business is throwing out which another business can use-thereby saving it from the landfill. I also get to teach in kindies and schools about Zero Waste and recycling, take groups on tour around on fantastic Materials Recycling Facility and work with businesses on waste management and coming up-other sustainability issues. I have a great co-worker on the same wavelength as me and the day at work just flies............When I put the kids to bed I count down....10,9,8,7,6,5,4, "3-2-1-Zero Waste"-and turn the light out!

No comments: